Sunday, May 18, 2008

Things Change...

Well things changed already since I did the first post...

My best friend Debby showed me how to work Homeschool Tracker (I LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!!!). I have had it for a long time but was intimidated by it, not anymore LOL!!

We, my husband and I, sat down and had a heart to heart with our oldest son Christopher. He is behind on a few subjects and would have to do nonstop homeschooling in order to be graduated by next May so we have decided that he is going to take an extra year so will graduate in May of 2010. He's not particularly happy about it but understands he wants to be educated instead of just breezing through it all.

We are using Holt Reinhart's People & Nation book for World History..I have gotten the first three week's planned out for him already. We are using Apologia for science. I love the idea of using Christian science over secular as it won't shove evolution down his throat when we are teaching Creation.

That's where I am for tonight...I am going to have nightmares about homeschool tracker and books LOL!!!! Tomorrow is a new day though!!

Have a blessed evening!!

1 comment:

Homeschooling in PA said...

No nightmares Michelle, happy dreams of everything coming together!!! Good luck with your planning, this is supposed to be the FUN time. When it comes to teaching it all is where the work comes in! lol

Linda